A leading provider of epoxy additives and custom chemical manufacturing in Harrison City, PA is seeking to immediately hire a Full-Time Kettle Operator Helper.
The Kettle Operator Helper is responsible for safely producing, monitoring, sampling and packaging chemical products in the plant.
- $15.39 per hour
- Opportunity to make up to $17.00 per hour within your first year.
- 7:30 AM - 3:30 PM
- Benefits (Health, Vision, Dental) start the first day up conversion.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Receive oral and/or written work assignments from supervisor or group leader
- Read and review operating procedures and determine what is needed to complete task
- Set up and operate production kettle with assistance of another senior operator, from instructions supplied by engineering and/or supervisor.
- Complete simple repairs to equipment
- Understand utility systems - boilers and steam, chilled water, nitrogen, compressed air
- Understand basic plant unit operations
- Run appropriate in-process tests
- Perform necessary calculations, summarize production data and take appropriate actions
- Evaluate performance of special purpose equipment
- Maintain work area, tools and equipment in a clean and orderly manner.
- Must have ability to wear a respirator for extended periods
- Must have ability to enter vessels for cleaning purposes
- Must have ability to lift 55 lbs.
- Must have ability to climb ladders and stairs on a regular basis.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Forklift Certified
- Basic computer skills
- Effective communication skills
- Commitment to safety, participation and adherence to company policies
- Background Clearance, Drug Test, Pre-employment Physical and Respirator Fit Test