Responsible for coordinating daily needs and production for primarily automotive customers and then communicating the needs to all department managers, cell employees and communicating with the customer on requirements through several defined communication channels including phone and email.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain and upkeep multiple customer web-based applications used to communicate to the customer at their required daily intervals.
- Provide accurate information to customers through proficient use of database systems.
- Maintain adequate inventory of customer supplied packaging and providing that information to the customer application on their portal.
- Prioritize and process order activities in compliance with established Customer Service Procedures and SOP requirements as mandated by ISO certification.
- Partner with supervisors and managers to update associates of requirements and requests from the customer, and ensure scheduling is reacting to attendance changes to comply with requests.
- Be responsible for daily inventory of component stock used in the assembly of automotive parts.
- Manage inventory (in-stock and WIP) and provide updates and answers for any type of production issues, informing appropriate management as needed.
- Coordinate resolution of specific problems in production planning, inventory, expedited deliveries, etc., with customer, plant and account managers.
- Present potentially negative information, such as extended back-orders, customer notifications, credit holds and variances in sales forecast to customer and applicable company managers.
- Provide customers with certificates, proof of deliveries, back-order information, samples and order status information.
- Responsible for orders from receipt to delivery. Process all new orders or changes including order
- Lead the communication between the customer and internal departments on project requirements and status and ensure all activities are moving forward to meet deadlines.
- Act as a key member of the team collaborating in customer on-site visits and meetings and customer requirements meetings as needed.
- Champion the training of and periodically audit certified operators, ensuring compliance with work instructions, control plans, productivity, and efficiency standards.
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Specialized schooling and/or on the job education in business administration, data processing, clerical/administrative, equipment operation, etc, plus 2 years experience in customer service or supply chain management. Must have excellent written and oral communication skills, mathematical skills and critical thinking skills as well as product knowledge. This person must work well with the Operation and Production within their plant site. This position must effectively deal with customers, other sales and support staff at the plant and corporate level, as required. There will be some travel to visit primarily existing customers and seminars / conferences as needed.