"Won't You Be Our Neighbor?” In downtown Latrobe—the "original" Neighborhood of beloved children's television personality Mister Rogers—join us for a FREE day of activities for children and families to celebrate his life and legacy.
Children's activities, live entertainment, food, a trivia stroll, and more will make this a fun-filled day for the entire family!
Announced details so far:
- Children's activities: story time, crafts, and puppets with Adams Memorial Library and WQED
- Arts and crafts with Latrobe Art Center
- Face painters and balloons
- Silk screen printing with Eastern Westmoreland Career and Technology Center for the first 300 kids!
- Bouncy house, obstacle course, and climbing wall by Latrobe-GLSD Parks & Recreation
- Performances by Laurel Valley Academy of Dance, Fred Adams, Ellie Oldfield, and Stage Right! (with a chance to meet The Little Mermaid herself, Princess Ariel)
- Demonstrations by Ground Zero Pittsburgh’s Lil Brutes and Petrillo's Karate Campus
- Appearances by Daniel Tiger and Katerina Kittycat of Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood
- Pony Rides by Susie's Pony Rides at The Medicine Shoppe
- Hay Rides by Misty Haven Carriage ($5 per person)
- Fred Rogers Trivia Stroll at eight participating local merchants: Chicora’s Boutique, Eclectique, Graydog Comics and Toys, LLC., Latrobe Art Center, The Medicine Shoppe, Paper Heart Affairs, Rose Style Shoppe, and Terri's Gourmet Sweet Treats
- A film featuring photos of Latrobe in the 1950s throughout the day by Latrobe Area Historical Society
- Fred Rogers memorabilia provided by The Fred Rogers Center
- Saint Vincent College's very own Mister Rogers' Neighborhood-inspired trolley!
- Collector's Car Show featuring antique, classic, and modern vehicles
- And more!
Follow our Facebook page for updates as they are announced! (Mister Rogers Family Day)